SSIT is developing standards to help guide stakeholders through the complex interactions of technology development and deployment with society, in order to ensure that we all benefit from technology.
SSIT focuses on five major areas:
- Sustainable Development & Humanitarian Technology
- Ethics, Human Values, and Technology
- Technology Benefits for All
- Future Societal Impact of Technology Advances
- Protecting the Planet & Sustainable Technology
IEEE SSIT Standards Committee is dedicated to exploring how appropriate standards develop, where they are needed and how best to enforce them. We are a multi-stakeholder group that brings together engineers of all types, academics, lawyers, and advisors. We are identifying areas where standards will advance the responsible adoption of technologies that are already or are likely to impact society in direct and predictable ways.
For more information or to get involved in the SSIT Standards Committee please click here.