IEEE SSIT is actively supporting Student Activities through a number of initiatives. New initiatives are currently under development to support SSIT Student Members and SSIT Student Chapters.
In this context the Student Activities Committee (SAC) is a sub-committee under the IEEE SSIT Chapters Committee. This sub-committee oversees, supports and coordinates IEEE SSIT’s student chapters globally along with promoting membership activities that are specifically focused on addressing the needs of IEEE SSIT students globally.
The purpose of SAC is to:
- Develop, plan and implement student-focused activities and programs globally
- Oversee and support the SSIT’s Student Chapters and Joint Student Chapters
- Represent the views of students to the IEEE SSIT Board and its standing committees as well as the IEEE Students Committees
- Run membership orientation and retention activities for the student membership
The strategic goals of SAC are to:
- Improve the value base for the SSIT student membership
- Create tangible membership benefits for the student
- Develop programs that will improve the engagement of student members with the society and
- Attract new Membership.
Student Activities Committee
Advisor: Dr Kalyan Sen
Chair: Saiteja Goud K
Call for Student Activities Committee Members
The Student Activities Committee has a number of vacancies. We are seeking proactive members to serve on the committee. Please see the complete structure of the committee, open roles and responsibilities here.