Your charitable donations enable The IEEE Society on the Social Implications of Technology (SSIT) to sustain and expand its programs.
SSIT is IEEE’s forum to discuss and influence the positive and negative impact of technology on society, including the history of the societal aspects of technology, and professional, social and economic responsibility. We sponsor conferences, publications, local chapters, awards, online communities, blogs and social media channels to carry on this dialog and the related education. All of this is accomplished by volunteers who recognize that the impact of technology is significant, and something that must not be ignored. While specific topics wax and wane over time, examples include: Privacy, Ethics, Policy, Potential Abuses, Dehumanization, Education, Health, Safety, and Warfare.
Your donations will help us continue this dialog and expand it via increased outreach to students, STEM professionals, policy makers, technology managers and the concerned public. Donations to SSIT are managed by the IEEE Foundation, the philanthropic arm of IEEE.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Donate to SSIT online at https://ieeefoundation.org/ieee_ssit
- Mail a check payable to the IEEE Foundation – SSIT Fund to: IEEE Foundation, 445 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
- Direct a gift to the IEEE Foundation – SSIT Fund from your donor advised fund or family foundation
- Gift your conference speaker fee or award honorarium
- Make a gift in honor or memory of someone who has touched your life – and the lives of others
- Ask your employer to match your donation
- Use the Amazon SMILE program for purchases selecting “IEEE Foundation, Inc.” as your charity.
IEEE and the IEEE Foundation are U.S. 501(c)3 non-profit organizationsEnter all page copy here (add images in the field below)To learn more about these and other giving opportunities, visit the IEEE Foundation or contact the IEEE Foundation to hold personal and confidential discussion about how you can support the IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology Fund of the IEEE Foundation by email at email@example.com or telephone at +1 732 465 5871. The IEEE Foundation team will be happy to work with you to create a gift plan that suits your needs.