13th IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC 2023)
October 12 - October 15
IEEE GHTC 2023
October 12-15, 2023 | Villanova University, Pennsylvania, USA
The 13th IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (IEEE GHTC 2023) will take place in person at Villanova University (Pennsylvania) from October 12 to 14, 2023.
GHTC is a flagship international conference supporting achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), bringing together people working on the application of technology to addressing critical issues for the benefit of the resource-constrained and vulnerable populations in the world.
Preliminary Program information has been posted on the website:
Registration is open – Early rates end September 12. See the GHTC 2023 Registration page for details on fees and options.
The deadline for booking rooms at the conference venue (Inn at Villanova) at the conference rate is Monday September 11.
See https://ieeeghtc.org/accomodations/ for list of participating hotels. Reservation deadlines September 19.
GHTC focuses on these sustainable goals:
- Good Health and Well Being (SDG3)
- Affordable and Clean Energy (SDG7)
- Communication/Connectivity in Support of Development
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response and Recovery
- Technologies that promote gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls (SDG5)
- Quality Education (SDG4)
- Clean Water and Sanitation (SDG6)
- Decent Work and Economic Growth (SDG8)
- Agriculture and Food Security (SDG2)
- Technology Impacts on Societal Evolution
- Participate in an extensive, vibrant, and innovative technical program
- Learn from world-class knowledgeable practitioners working in the field
- Exchange information, share experiences and network with attendees actively involved in the fields
- Gain visibility and recognition for your humanitarian work, projects and ideas
- Find new resources and potential partners or investors
GHTC 2023 features:
Pre Conference Workshops on October 10-11
Energy Access Educators Workshop
October 10-11, 2023
The Inn at Villanova
This two-day workshop sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF) brings together educators, practitioners, governmental and non-governmental organizations, and other stakeholders in the domains of electricity access and associated sustainable business model development.
Registration required; see here for details.
GHTC 2023 Pre-Conference Workshops on October 11
Included with GHTC 2023 registration.
- A Roadmap for Geospatial Analysis, presented by Mathworks, 2:30-4:00 PM
- Exploring Challenges in Education and Research When Advancing Technology for Humanitarian Efforts, presented by Elsevier, 4:00-5:00 PM
GHTC 2023 is reinventing the opening reception. The GHTC 2023 souk (‘open air bazaar’) will commence at 6PM on Wednesday October 11th in the ballroom of The Inn at Villanova University. All attendees are urged/encouraged to arrive with material to post.
Included with GHTC 2023 registration, but pre-registration required for display space, sign-up here.
World renowned speakers:
Opening: Paras Loomba and Andrew Lamb
Banquet: Krista Donaldson
IEEE Humanitarian Panel (1230 – 1400 on October 12)
Speakers from IEEE EPICS, IEEE Humanitarian Technology Board (HTB), IEEE Smart Village
Connectivity Panel (0800 – 1000 on October 13)
Panelists: Jane Coffin, Mei Lin Fung, Hosein Badran
Young Professionals Panel (1030 – 1230 on October 13)
Panelists: Kory Hansen, Ben Savonen, and Wayne Lifshitz
On-site and remote presentations
10 tracks, 77 papers
See preliminary list of accepted papers. (Note not all may be presented)
GHTC 2023 Sponsors