Vol. 34, No. 4
Blockchains are a new form of information technology that may have important future applications.
Blockchain thinking formulates thinking as a blockchain process, with possible benefits for both artificial intelligence and human enhancement.
Some T&S Magazine content is accessible at no charge. A subscription is required to access our PREMIUM content. Premium content includes peer-reviewed articles on the impacts of technology by renowned researchers and academics. To subscribe to IEEE Technology and Society Magazine, click HERE.
Free Online Content
- Digitus Secundus: The Swipe Posted in: Editorial & Opinion, Human Impacts, Magazine Articles, Societal Impact - As 2015 marked the 70th anniversary of the liberation of the Holocaust concentration camps, I downloaded an audio recording of… ... Read More
- Information Paradox : Drowning in Information, Starving for Knowledge Posted in: Editorial & Opinion - We are living in an age of information. Staggering amounts of information are collected, stored, and widely disseminated. Yet, we… ... Read More
- Held Captive in the Cyberworld Posted in: Fiction, Human Impacts, Magazine Articles, Societal Impact - At breakfast the next morning, Phi disclosed, “You know, Psi, I'm sick of this country. Let's head on back home… ... Read More
- Blockchain Thinking : The Brain as a Decentralized Autonomous Corporation Posted in: Editorial & Opinion, Magazine Articles, Societal Impact - Blockchains are a new form of information technology that could have several important future applications. One is blockchain thinking, formulating… ... Read More
- Pharmaco-Electronics Emerge Posted in: Editorial & Opinion, Health & Medical, Human Impacts, Magazine Articles - Meteoric progress in sensor, computer, and telecommunication technology has catapulted healthcare into the realm of pharmaco-electronic medicine, where increasingly we… ... Read More
- Alternative Planning and Land Administration for Future Smart Cities Posted in: Leading Edge, Magazine Articles, Societal Impact - According to urban scholars, industries, and governments , , future cities are only smart when investments in human and social… ... Read More
- MoodTrek–A New App to Improve Mental HealthCare Posted in: Health & Medical, Leading Edge, Magazine Articles - Depression is a chronic mental illness affecting millions across the globe. Physical activities and sleep are some of the key… ... Read More
- Multimedia and Gaming Technologies for Telerehabilitation of Motor Disabilities Posted in: Health & Medical, Human Impacts, Leading Edge, Magazine Articles - Rehabilitation for chronic conditions resulting from acute or progressive disease might be delivered in an outpatient facility as in the… ... Read More
- Corporate Individualism–Changing the Face of Capitalism Posted in: Leading Edge, Magazine Articles, Societal Impact - Perhaps in the future every human individual will be considered disabled. Few might think this will happen, but if you… ... Read More
- Shakespeare, Social Media, and Social Networks Posted in: Editorial & Opinion - Shakespeare has a lot to say about social media and social networks. In a quick review of the literature, we… ... Read More
Improving Our “Engineering-Crazed” Image
Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks
Faxed: The Rise and Fall of the Fax Machine
Erik L. Stayton
Reflecting on the Contribution of T&S Magazine to the IEEE
Technology and Change
On the Road with Rick Sare and Google Glass
Wouter M.P. Steijn and Maartje G.H. Niezen
Reihana Mohideen and Rob Evans
Michael Arnold and Christopher Pearce
NOTE: Most IEEE Technology and Society Magazine columns and department articles are publicly accessible at no charge. Click on the title of any non-refereed article to read.
SSIT membership (subscription) is required to access refereed articles (marked with asterisk).