- This event has passed.
April 22 - April 24
The 8th IEEE Technologies for Sustainability Conference (SusTech 2021) is designed to explore the development and application of science, engineering and technology in achieving a sustainable lifestyle for humanity. It brings together scientists, engineers, technologists and scholars from multiple disciplines to hold a dialogue on environmental issues and collaborate on ideas to develop and utilize innovative tools and intelligent systems to address them. Attendees will learn about the tools, connections and proactive solutions to take their sustainability programs to the next level.
SusTech 2021 Program incorporates plenary presentations, paper sessions and panels.
- 6G: Towards a More Connected and Sustainable World – Mohamed-Slim Alouini
- 100% Renewable And Zero Emissions Energy With Hydrogen – Jack Brouwer
- New paradigm in renewable microgrids – let’s change our thinking! – Nirupama Prakash Kumar
- New Initiatives in Advancing IEEE Sustainability Thought Leadership – Maike Luiken, IEEE VP MGA
- Analysis and Synthesis of Sustainable Systems – Dr. Vasilios I. Manousiouthakis
- Enabling What Customers Want: The Story of Enevate’s Technology – Benjamin Park
- Our Tractor Fuels and Farm Fertilizer Demonstration System – Jay Schmuecker and David Toyne
- A new chemical process for ethanol production from carbon dioxide, water, and electricity – Stafford Sheehan
- If We Build It They Will Come – The Intersection of Technological Systemization and Customer Proficiency – Daniel K. Tabor
- A System of Systems (SoS) for Assessing & Optimizing Networks for Energy Efficiency – Brian Zahnstecher
Click here to register.
Selected technologies that contribute to sustainability in all applications affecting human life:
- IoT: Internet of Things
- Sustainable Electronics
- Smart Cities
- Renewable/Alternate Energy
- Water Resources Management
- Energy Efficiency
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Societal Implications / Quality of Life / Public Policy
Other topics of interest include: Smart Grid, eWaste, Ocean Waste; Pollution, Ecological Sustainability; Conservation, Agriculture; Food Technology, Sustainable Management.
Nov 16, 2020 Submission deadline for paper
Dec 15, 2020 Notification of acceptance
Jan 30, 2021 Final manuscript submission deadline
Instructions to Authors: Submit in PDF form, a full submission of the paper for oral presentation via the SusTech website. For more detailed information for authors, please click here.
Student Poster Competition
The extended deadline for the Student Poster Competition is 15 February 2021.
Sponsors for SusTech 2021 include the IEEE Oregon, Phoenix, San Fernando Valley, Inland Empire (Foothil), Orange County, Metro Los Angeles, and Coastal Los Angeles Sections, IEEE Region 6, IEEE-USA; and co-sponsored by IEEE PES, SSIT and TEMS societies.