SusTech 2021 – Early Bird Registration up to 15 March
April 22 - April 24
The 8th IEEE Technologies for Sustainability Conference (SusTech 2021) is designed to explore the development and application of science, engineering and technology in achieving a sustainable lifestyle for humanity. It brings together scientists, engineers, technologists and scholars from multiple disciplines to hold a dialogue on environmental issues and collaborate on ideas to develop and utilize innovative tools and intelligent systems to address them. Attendees will learn about the tools, connections and proactive solutions to take their sustainability programs to the next level.
SusTech 2021 Program incorporates plenary presentations, paper sessions and panels.
- Sustainable Transportation – Tim Lee, IEEE Region 6 Director
- Our Tractor Fuels and Farm Fertilizer Demonstration System – Jay Schmuecker and David Toyne
- New Initiatives in Advancing IEEE Sustainability Thought Leadership – Maike Luiken, IEEE VP MGA
- Enabling What Customers Want: The Story of Enevate’s Technology – Benjamin Park
- Fuel Cells Support Sustainability – Jack Brouwer
- The New Norm? Water Supply Challenges and Resiliency for California – Moderated by Diane Gatza and Russ Lefevre
- Future Networks & Applications Roadmap for Sustainable Cities/Societies – Moderated by Fawzi Behmann
- Cybersecurity for Sustainable Infrastructure – Moderated by David Gonzalez
Click here to register.
Selected technologies that contribute to sustainability in all applications affecting human life:
- IoT: Internet of Things
- Sustainable Electronics
- Smart Cities
- Renewable/Alternate Energy
- Water Resources Management
- Energy Efficiency
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Societal Implications / Quality of Life / Public Policy
Other topics of interest include: Smart Grid, eWaste, Ocean Waste; Pollution, Ecological Sustainability; Conservation, Agriculture; Food Technology, Sustainable Management.
Nov 16, 2020 Submission deadline for paper
Dec 15, 2020 Notification of acceptance
Jan 30, 2021 Final manuscript submission deadline
Instructions to Authors: Submit in PDF form, a full submission of the paper for oral presentation via the SusTech website. For more detailed information for authors, please click here.
Student Poster Competition
The extended deadline for the Student Poster Competition is 15 February 2021.
Sponsors for SusTech 2021 include the IEEE Oregon, Phoenix, San Fernando Valley, Inland Empire (Foothil), Orange County, Metro Los Angeles, and Coastal Los Angeles Sections, IEEE Region 6, IEEE-USA; and co-sponsored by IEEE PES, SSIT and TEMS societies.