- This event has passed.
IEEE GHTC 2022
September 8, 2022 - September 11, 2022
The 12th IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (IEEE GHTC 2022) takes place at Santa Clara University (California) on 08 – 11 September. IEEE GHTC is a flagship international conference sharing practical technology-enabled solutions supporting achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) by addressing the needs of underserved communities in resource-constrained environments around the world.
Stakeholders from the public, private, education and research, societal, funding and donor sectors are invited to submit Oral Presentation proposals, Short Papers (early-stage results) and Full Papers (mature results) that share Sustainable Development, ICT4D and Humanitarian Technology related insights, experiences, best practices and lessons learned from a research, policy, practitioner and/or community perspective. Papers should present analysis of initial or final research results or a case study. General project descriptions are not appropriate. Submissions will be assessed for quality, relevance, consideration of ethical issues, methodological vigor and potential or actual impact.
IEEE GHTC 2022 Thematic areas include (but are not limited to):
- Good Health and Well Being (SDG3)
- Affordable and Clean Energy (SDG7)
- Communication/Connectivity in Support of Development
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response and Recovery
- Technologies that promote gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls (SDG5)
- Quality Education (SDG4)
- Clean Water and Sanitation (SDG6)
- Decent Work and Economic Growth (SDG8)
- Agriculture and Food Security (SDG2)
- Technology Impacts on Societal Evolution
Learn more about paper submission.
IEEE GHTC 2022 is Sponsored by IEEE Region 6, IEEE Seattle Section and IEEE SSIT, with Technical Co-Sponsorship by IEEE Santa Clara Valley Section, IEEE-USA, IEEE PELS, IEEE CTS, IEEE EMBS, IEEE MTT, IEEE PES, and IEEE Smart Village Initiative.