IEEE GHTC 2021 – Call for Papers Deadline 02 July
October 19 - October 23
IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (IEEE GHTC 2021) is an annual flagship international conference sharing practical technology-enabled solutions supporting achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) by addressing the needs of underserved communities in resource constrained environments around the world. The 11th GHTC will take place as a virtual event from 19 – 23 October.
We would like to thank the authors who submitted papers by the initial deadline for IEEE GHTC 2021. These papers are under review.
Stakeholders from the public, private, education and research, societal, funding and donor sectors are invited to submit Oral Presentation proposals or Short Papers (early stage results) as well as Full Papers (mature results), sharing Sustainable Development, ICT4D and Humanitarian Technology related insights, experiences, good practices and lessons learnt from a research, policy, practitioner and/or community perspective. Papers should present analysis of initial or final research results or a case study. General project descriptions are not appropriate. Submissions will be assessed for quality, relevance, consideration of ethical issues, methodological vigour and potential or actual impact.
Thematic areas include:
- Affordable & Clean Energy (SDG7)
- Agriculture & Food Security (SDG2
- Clean Water & Sanitation (SDG6)
- Connectivity & Communication in Support of Development
- Decent Work and Economic Growth (SDG8)
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response & Recovery: Disaster Planning and Preparedness
- Good Health and Well Being (SDG3)
- Quality Education (SDG4)
- Other Related United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (e.g. SDGs 9, 11, 12, 14).
- Technology Impacts on Societal Evolution
IEEE GHTC 2021 is Sponsored by IEEE Region 6, IEEE Seattle Section and IEEE SSIT, with Technical Co-Sponsorship by IEEE-USA, IEEE PELS, and (expected) IEEE CTS, IEEE EMBS, IEEE MTT, IEEE PES, and IEEE Smart Village Initiative.