- This event has passed.
First Workshop on Persuasive Technology and Society
August 8, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
The First Workshop of Persuasive Technology and Society takes place in University of Wollongong, Australia on 08 August. It brings together a stimulating group of presentations including:
- Co-designing Ethical Interventions in Resource Constrained Environments, Paul Cunningham, IIMC Ireland / SSIT President (2017 – 2018)
- Having a Brave Conversation: Comparing the Australian and UK Experience, Anni Rowland-Campbell, Intersticia
- The Vision for the Centre for Persuasive Technology and Society, Associate Professor Dr Win Khin, Centre Director, University of Wollongong
- A socio-technical framework for studying persuasive technologies, Dr Roba Abbas, University of Wollongong
- Improving Participation: Volunteering in our technology enabled society, Dr Mark Freeman, University of Wollongong
- Perspectives on IT in early childhood education, Dr Holly Tootell, University of Wollongong
- Persuasive technologies for minority groups, Dr Will Tibben, University of Wollongong
- Information systems for assisted living: Challenges and opportunities, Dr Elena Vlahu-Gjorgievska, University of Wollongong
It is organised by Prof. Katina Michael, University of Wollongong as part of a series of events organised by SSIT Members around IEEE ISTAS 2017 and IEEE Sections Congress in Australia and includes a Distinguished Lecture by Paul Cunningham, SSIT President (2017 – 2018).
Please click here for more information.